Saturday, February 9, 2008

1, 2, 3, 4 - Hi5!

My twin girls love this group...as in!!! That's why I joined my kids one time and now I know why they are amazed with this group. They are all very energetic. The songs are so cool. As a matter of fact, I've memorized some of them. And the most important thing with this show/ group is that it's very educational. By the way, do you still remember the show BANANAS IN PAJAMAS? The producer and creator of this show is the creator of Hi5 as well.


In 1998, television producer Helena Harris, creator of Bananas in Pajamas, created "Hi-5" when her two children outgrew Bananas. She and co-producer Posie Graeme-Evans decided the new show would be aimed at 2-8 year-olds, would include educational trends as fun and games, and would feature music and movement that would attract children's attention.

The auditions for the hosts and the eventual members that would make up the group were held in June 1998, with the first program broadcast in January 1999. Since then, the group has won five ARIA awards for "Best Children's Album" (in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004), won three consecutive Australian Logie Awards (the Australian awards for television performance and production recognition) for "Most Outstanding Children's Preschool Program" in 2002, 2003 and 2004.

1 comment:

Bella Sweet Cakes said...

Hello there... I like Hi5 too.. Maybe because Kathleen Deleon's got a Pinay blood in her... Are you watching the old Hi5 kasi nag asawa na sya and just gave birth kaya napalitan na sya..
Anyway, they've got good songs....
For sure your twins love to dance too....

I'm just passing by and your blog site caught my attention...
Would you like to exchange links???
My site is aussietalks.com..

Have a nice day...